This page contains information regarding 24: Live Another Day and thus may contain spoilers.
|24: Live Another Day|
|Original run:||May 2014 -|
|Created by:|| Joel Surnow|
|Starring:|| Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer|
Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brian
Kim Raver as Audrey Raines
William Devane as James Heller
Michael Wincott as Adrian
|Executive producers:|| Brian Grazer|
|Written by:|| Robert Cochran|
|Directed by:||Jon Cassar|
|Composed by:||Sean Callery|
|Produced by:|| Imagine Entertainment|
Real Time Productions
|Distributed by:||20th Century Fox Television|
24: Live Another Day is an upcoming 24 limited-run series. Set several years after the events of Season 8, the series will loosely adhere to the real time concept; while it will still cover the events of a single day with each episode corresponding to an hour, there will be jumps forward in time between certain episodes. The series will premiere in May 2014.
In May of 2013, Deadline first reported that Fox was considering a limited-run "event series" for 24 based on a concept by Howard Gordon, after failed efforts to produce the 24 feature film and the cancellation of Kiefer Sutherland's series Touch. David Fury confirmed on Twitter that he would also be involved, pulling "double duty" with Gordon's new series Tyrant.
The following week, Fox officially announced 24: Live Another Day, a limited-run series of twelve episodes that would feature the return of Jack Bauer. Fox CEO Kevin Reilly said that the series would essentially represent the twelve "most important" hours of a typical 24 season, with jumps forward between hours as needed. As with the rest of Fox's push into event programming, the production will have "a big scope and top talent and top marketing budgets." While Live Another Day will not exceed its allotted number of episodes, Reilly also noted that the project could pave the way for sequel series in the future.
In the press release, Gordon said:
|“||Jack Bauer has always been an exciting, thrilling character, and I confess that I’ve missed him. I think the audience has too. The character has evolved through the years, and this new and exciting event series format is perfect to tell the next chapter of his story and continue to reflect how the world is changing. Fans can rest assured that the Jack they know and love will be back.||”|
Kiefer Sutherland, who was confirmed to executive produce and star in the new series, added:
|“||The response to ‘24’ is unlike anything I have ever experienced as an actor before. To have the chance to reunite with the character, Jack Bauer, is like finding a lost friend. The story ideas from Howard Gordon are exciting and fresh, and will not disappoint. Great thanks to 20th Century Fox Television, Imagine Television and the FOX network for this opportunity. Make no mistake, my goal is to knock your socks off. See you soon.||”|
In June, it was announced that Jon Cassar was signed to executive produce and direct multiple episodes of Live Another Day, including the first two. Executive producers and writers Robert Cochran, Manny Coto and Evan Katz will also return. Sean Callery will compose the score for the series. The writing process began on July 1, with David Fury pitching the first episode, tentatively titled "6:30-7:30." The first episode will be scripted by Evan Katz & Manny Coto  & the second by Robert Cochran & David Fury .
On July 11, 2013 executive producer Brian Grazer announced in an interview that the 24 miniseries would "be a limited series that would then spin off into a series itself. Fox is doing it, Fox studio and Fox network, and we're totally thrilled by that."
In September 2013, it was revealed Kim Raver was negotiating a deal to return as Audrey Raines. It was also revealed that the new President of the United States will be a character the audience has met before, leading to speculation that William Devane's James Heller would be returning as President of the United States.  On October 4 it was confirmed that both Raver and Devane had signed deals to rejoin the cast. 
- ↑ Nellie Andreeva (May 9, 2013). ’24′ Eyes Return As Limited Series On Fox, Howard Gordon To EP, Kiefer Sutherland In Talks To Star. Deadline. Retrieved on May 9, 2013.
- ↑ Daniel Feinberg (May 13, 2013). Jack's Back: FOX confirms '24: Live Another Day' for Summer 2014. Hitfix. Retrieved on May 13, 2013.
- ↑ Nellie Andreeva (June 12, 2013). Jon Cassar to executive produce and direct '24: Live Another Day'. Deadline. Retrieved on June 12, 2013.
- ↑ 
- ↑ Manny Coto Joins ‘24: Live Another Day’ Team. Deadline (July 15, 2013). Retrieved on July 15, 2013.
- ↑ Sean Callery to Return for ’24: Live Another Day’. Film Music Reporter (June 25, 2013). Retrieved on June 25, 2013.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TheDavidFury/status/350389743177039872
- ↑ https://https://twitter.com/TheDavidFury/status/382227659645661184
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TheDavidFury/status/381614763299438592
- ↑ Bloomberg Video: Netflix in Talks for `Arrested Development'
- ↑ Lacey Rose (August 1, 2013). '24' Favorite Mary Lynn Rajskub Confirmed for Fox's Follow Up. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved on August 1, 2013.
- ↑ 24: Live Another Day’s President to be a returning character. 24 Spoilers. Retrieved on September 28, 2013.
- ↑ Samantha Highfill (October 4, 2013). Kim Raver, William Devane to return for '24: Live Another Day'. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on October 4, 2013.
- ↑ James Hibberd (November 19, 2013). '24' return casts infamous hacker character -- EXCLUSIVE. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on November 19, 2013.
- ↑ Allegra Tepper (October 3, 2013). Fox’s ‘24: Live Another Day’ to Shoot in London. Variety. Retrieved on November 19, 2013.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/joncassar/status/404255010906992640
| Previous day:|
24: Live Another Day
| Next day:|