|Played by:||A Chicago Cubs mug|
|Season(s):||1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
|First episode:||"Day 1: 12:00am-1:00am"|
|Last episode:||"Day 5: 7:00am-8:00am"|
At the start of Day 4, Tony no longer worked at CTU, however when Jack Bauer needed the help of the "only person he could trust", he called Tony, who took him back to his house. At the house, Tony sat in front of the TV and poured himself some beer into the Cubs mug. It was seen again later in the night when Tony's girlfriend Jen Slater called CTU.
Background information and notes Edit
- Carlos Bernard revealed in an interview on 24 Inside that, during Season 2, while they were filming the scene in which CTU was bombed, it was decided that the mug would be among the items destroyed in the explosion. Bernard tossed the mug into the air, but rather than hitting the ground and smashing on impact, it became caught in some wires and survived. Since then, the mug has continued to make appearances on the show.
- Once fans began to notice the mug's continual appearances, it developed quite a large fanbase and soon acquired the nickname "Cubby."
- Tony's ownership of "Cubby" makes sense, considering that Tony Almeida and Carlos Bernard are both from Chicago. Bernard has said he is a big Cubs fan on the Tony Danza Show and the Sharon Osbourne Show.
- Curiously, according to Operation Hell Gate, Tony is from the South side of Chicago, where the White Sox play. However, geographical location does not always determine fan loyalty in the city's two baseball teams.
- Cubby may have been destroyed in the car bomb at the start of Day 5.
- At 26 appearances, Cubby has appeared in more episodes than 20 main cast members.