On one episode of Late Night Laughs soon after President-elect David Palmer announced his divorce from his wife Sherry, Bettelman read off his five humorous "Best Picks" for women that Palmer could start dating in Sherry's absence:
- Britney Spears, because "she's sure to liven up those dull fund-raisers with her leather outfits and c-r-a-z-y snake dance"
- Senator Hillary Clinton, "because we hear she has a lot of the White House furniture"
- Oprah Winfrey, so that "the next time [Palmer] wants to give a confessional speech about his family scandals, he can do it on her show"
- Martha Stewart, because "after she redecorates the White House, she can give Palmer pointers on defying Congress"
- Kim Cattrall, because "if Palmer doesn't have to heat the executive bedroom anymore, we may get a tax break!"