|Used by:||Tony Almeida|
Federal Bureau of Investigation
United States Marine Corps
|Season(s):||1, 2, The Game, 3, 4, 5, 6|
|First episode:||Day 1: 7:00pm-8:00pm|
|Last episode:||Day 6: 7:00pm-8:00pm|
|Appears in:||Official Operations Manual|
An M4A1 is a type of assault rifle. It is a select-fire rifle chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO. It accepts STANAG magazines with a standard capacity of thirty rounds.
Favoured by counter terrorist and special forces units due to its combination of lightness, compactness and solid all round performance (especially in close quarters combat), the M4A1 has a fast rate of automatic fire and is impressively accurate at all but extreme distances (The Game).
Configured to mission specs, the M4A1 may include detachable grenade launcher, infrared illuminator, night-vision sight, and visible laser (CTU Operations Manual).
- Jack Bauer, Mark DeSalvo and other guards used the M4A1 to escort Victor Drazen to the underground compound ("Day 1: 7:00pm-8:00pm").
- Used by members of Coral Snake when attacking Jack and Nina's destroyed aeroplane ("Day 2: 4:00pm-5:00pm").
- Recovered by Jack from a dead Coral Snake commando and used in a firefight with them
- Used by Delta Force operators when raiding the Salazar's compound in Posta Mita.
- Carr has an M4 that Chase takes after killing him (The Game · "Chase Found Out").
- Jack kills a mercenary who has an M4 that is part of the team that attacks CTU (The Game · "To The Roof").
- The terrorists that attack Jack and Kim when they are escaping from Peter Madsen's base carry M4A1s (The Game · "Escape from Madsen's Base").
- Tony kills a terrorist with an M4A1 when attempting to get to the bomb site (The Game · "Tony Leads a Team to the Bomb").
- Used by terrorists during the exchange of Michelle Dessler and Jane Saunders ("Day 3: 10:00am-11:00am").
- US Marine Corps use M4s when attacking the base that terrorists held Secretary of Defense James Heller at ("Day 4: 12:00pm-1:00pm").
- Marine Corps wielding M4A1s impose Martial law upon the United States under the orders of General Warren ("Day 5: 12:00am-1:00am").
- The M4A1 was used prominently by CTU TAC teams throughout Day 3 Day 5,6 and Day 8.
- Jack uses an M4 in the shootout with Ali and his snipers.He also uses it in his assault on Charles Logan's motorcade.
Background information and notes Edit
- Following Day 5, CTU agents often modified their M4s with scopes and forgrip vertical grips.