|Name:||Marcus Frederick Alvers|
|Birthdate:||12 February 1971|
|Education:||M.A. Biology, Cambridge U|
|Affiliation:||Saunders bio-terrorism ring|
|Significant other(s):||Nina Myers (slept with)|
|Death date:||Day 3: Sometime after 5:11am|
|Death cause:||Either killed by accidental exposure to the Cordilla virus or Michelle Dessler's suicide assist|
|Played by:||Lothaire Bluteau|
|First episode:||"Day 3: 1:00am-2:00am"|
|Last episode:||"Day 3: 5:00am-6:00am"|
Marcus Frederick Alvers was a biological weapons expert and mercenary, who served as the first of twelve Cordilla virus couriers deployed by Stephen Saunders during Day 3. Unlike the rest of Saunders' couriers—whom Saunders described as "true believers" in the cause for dismantling America's foreign intelligence apparatus—Alvers worked solely for profit. Alvers was dispatched to the Chandler Plaza Hotel and successfully dispersed the virus there, but was killed after being arrested at the site.
Before Day 3 Edit
CTU intelligence agent Dalton Furrelle researched Alvers and found out that he met Michael Amador, and the two were eventually suspected of creating weapons-grade anthrax. They had been seen together fourteen times within the year prior to Day 3, in both Europe and North Africa.
Nina Myers and Marcus Alvers slept together at some point. She stated that he "raised hell from Vienna to Los Angeles with a two-year stop in London." Since her pardon restricted her to North Africa, it is possible that she met Alvers there, as this was a frequent meeting spot between Alvers and Amador.
Day 3 Edit
Nina Myers revealed to CTU Los Angeles that Alvers was an associate of arms dealer Michael Amador, who was Alvers' connection to the architect of the day's events, Stephen Saunders. Alvers and Amador rendezvoused with Saunders at a Go club downtown, where it was revealed that Alvers had modified the Cordilla virus, changing it into a compound that could be dispersed in an aerosol. Saunders was using twelve gas-dispersal devices he had stolen from Ukraine. To receive his money as planned, Alvers then proceeded to plant a vial of the bioweapon in the Chandler Plaza Hotel. He murdered at least one person inside the hotel in his efforts to be undetected.
A team dispatched from CTU Los Angeles arrived at the hotel, and Agent Gael Ortega found the vial. Gael attempted to diffuse the vial, but did not act fast enough: the virus was released, exposing everyone in the building, including Marcus Alvers and Ortega himself. He was soon apprehended by Michelle Dessler, and after realizing that his plan to escape the dispersal radius was foiled, tried to warn Michelle of where the virus was but it was too late. Later, in exchange for a mercy kill by Michelle, Alvers agreed to give photo identification of Stephen Saunders to CTU which eventually was successful. He became symptomatic shortly after. Knowing that he would suffer an agonizing death, he pleaded with Michelle to kill him.
Background information and notes Edit
- It is unknown whether Michelle fulfilled her promise to Alvers to prevent his suffering by shooting him, but there is no doubt that he died, as once somebody showed symptoms of the virus, that person would never recover.
- Other information, some of it contradictory:
- Born on December 8, 1971 in Klagenfurt, Austria
- Flagged for Anthrax in CIA/CTU Database
- CIA Reference Tag 003422-998
- Alleged Number (Released Computer Virus into CTU) was 1775531p9(hold)p95731*6. Pauses are denoted as p.
- List of Cities Visited Within 3 Years: London (UK), Glasgow (UK), Paris (France), Barcelona (Spain), Madrid (Spain), Venice (Italy), Rome (Italy), Geneva (Switzerland), Hamburg (Germany), Berlin (Germany), Copenhagen (Denmark), Stockholm (Sweden), Istanbul (Turkey), Bucharest (Romania), Mexico City (Mexico).