|Birthdate:||June 25, 1961|
England, United Kingdom
|Significant other(s):||Jane Fallon|
|Role:||White House staffer|
(special features only)
Ricky Gervais (born June 25, 1961; age 56) is a British writer, actor and comedian, best known to American audiences as the creator, executive producer and main character David Brent in the hit BBC comedy The Office. A fan of the 24 series, Gervais filmed a comedic cameo for Season 6, which was included among the special features in the 24: Season Six DVD set. He appeared alongside his long-term partner Jane Fallon.
Biography and career Edit
Ricky Gervais was born in Whitley, England. His father was a Canadian who served in World War II, and settled in England afterwards. It was then that he met Gervais' mother, who was English. Ricky attended Whitley Park Infants and Junior Schools, and received his secondary education at Ashmead Comprehensive School. In 1980, he moved on to University College London to study biology, but changed to philosophy after two weeks.
Gervais won the 2007 Best Actor in a Comedy Primetime Emmy Award for his role as Andy in the HBO/BBC series Extras, as well as a 2006 Outstanding Comedy Series Emmy for the American version of The Office, in which he serves as executive producer. Prior to this and appearing on the American version of The Office, Gervais' only other American television role had been a guest appearance on the ABC espionage series Alias where Gervais claimed that he "...just pretended to be Jack Bauer from 24"
24 credits Edit
- "Day 6: 9:00am-10:00am" (deleted/special feature only)
Selected filmography Edit
- David Brent: Life on the Road (2016)
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (2014)
- Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009)
- Ghost Town (2008)
- Stardust (2007)
- Night at the Museum (2006)
- For Your Consideration (2006)
- Valiant (2005)
- Dog Eat Dog (2001)
- Galavant (2015)
- Derek (2012-2014)
- Life's Too Short (2011)
- The Simpsons (voice) (2006, 2011) (also writer: episode "Homer Simpson, This Is Your Wife")
- Extras (2005-2007)
- Alias (2004)
- The Office (2001-2003)
- Spaced (2001)
- ↑ Ricky Gervais on Alias role: “I just pretended to be Jack Bauer from 24”. 24spoilers.com (March 3, 2004).