|Used by:||Jack Bauer|
|Season(s):||1, 2, 5, 6|
|First episode:||Day 1: 1:00am-2:00am|
|Last episode:||Day 6: 1:00pm-2:00pm|
|Appears in:||Official Operations Manual|
The Sig Sauer P228 was a type of handgun.
Jack Bauer used the P228 up to and including Day 2. It is available to all certified agents depending on availability (with regards to that of the Glock 17, Beretta 92 and Heckler & Koch MPSK) and personal preference. It is among the most commonly used handguns of law enforcement worldwide. Appropriate silencing equipment is available.
With a round in the chamber, the maximum capacity of the P228 was fourteen rounds.
- By Jack Bauer:
- At Dunlop Plaza ("Day 1: 1:00am-2:00am").
- The pursuit of Greg Penticoff ("Day 1: 3:00am-4:00am").
- The staged death of Nina Myers ("Day 1: 6:00am-7:00am").
- Rescuing his family ("Day 1: 10:00am-11:00am").
- Fleeing Ira Gaines' compound ("Day 1: 11:00am-12:00pm").
- The detention center siege ("Day 1: 7:00pm-8:00pm").
- Windshield shootout with Nina Myers ("Day 1: 11:00pm-12:00am").
- A SigSauer is seen in Jack's drawer at the start of Day 2 ("Day 2: 8:00am-9:00am").
- During Jack's interrogation of Nina Myers, one of his tactics was to suddenly draw his SigSauer and fire two shots close to Myers' head ("Day 2: 12:00pm-1:00pm").
- Mamud Rasheed Faheen's hideout ("Day 2: 2:00pm-3:00pm").
- The shootout with the Coral Snake ("Day 2: 4:00pm-5:00pm").
- Shooting out the tires of the plane ("Day 2: 8:00pm-9:00pm").
- Taking down Marie Warner ("Day 2: 9:00pm-10:00pm").
- Shootout with Jonathan Wallace at the sniping commandos ("Day 2: 1:00am-2:00am").
- Shooting the driver of an enemy vehicle ("Day 2: 2:00am-3:00am").
- One of Stephen Saunders' men has a SigSauer during the exchange of Michelle Dessler for Jane Saunders ("Day 3: 10:00am-11:00am").
- Mitch Anderson used a SigSauer P228 to threaten John Hansen ("Day 4: 8:00pm-9:00pm").
- Aaron Pierce used the SigSauer to protect the Suvarov's motorcade from its attackers ("Day 5: 4:00pm-5:00pm").
- He also used it to rescue Wayne Palmer from the woods ("Day 5: 8:00pm-9:00pm").
- Wayne Palmer used a SigSauer to protect Amy Martin, presumably Aaron Pierce's sidearm. ("Day 5: 11:00pm-12:00am").
- Arms dealer Darren McCarthy used a two-tone P228 during the kidnapping of Morris O'Brian ("Day 6: 12:00pm-1:00pm"). He was later shot with this weapon by his girlfriend Rita Brady ("Day 6: 1:00pm-2:00pm").
- Milo Pressman used a SigSauer to defend Marilyn Bauer from Phillip's men ("Day 6: 3:00pm-4:00pm").
- Aaron Pierce and other Secret Service agents use SigSauers to defend the White House ("Day 7: 7:00pm-8:00pm").
- Larry Moss has a SigSauer throughout Day 7, which he later gives to Tony Almeida.
Background information and notes Edit
- Jack Bauer's two-tone P228 had a nickel-plated slide, trigger, hammer, takedown catch, magazine release, de-cocking lever and slide release. While the factory magazine capacity of the P228 is thirteen rounds, aftermarket fifteen-round magazines are also available. The SIG Sauer P228 is available in 9mm Parabellum (Luger) only.
- During Day 1 and Day 2, Jack is actually using a P229 in some close-ups. The P229 is visually identical to the P228 with the exception of the grip serrations on the side of the slide, which only extend halfway up the slide on the P229 and the trigger cover is slightly different. The P229 is available in 9mm Para (Luger), .40 S&W and .357 SIG calibres.