|Birthdate:||November 17, 1951|
|Birthplace:||Sarasota, Florida, USA|
- "I just finished working on 24. I got to do three episodes on that this year and I’m pretty excited about that. I got to work with Katee Sackhoff — she’s one of my favorites... [I'm] playing an Arkansas corrections officer who shows up at CTU and has dealings with Katee’s character but it was a real good, real fun situation."
- — Stephen Root on his guest-starring role for 24
Biography and career Edit
Stephen Root was born in Sarasota, Florida. During his childhood, Root's family moved frequently due to his father's job as a construction supervisor. He graduated from Vero Beach High School in Vero Beach, Florida. Root later graduated from the University of Florida, and trained in the BFA acting program.
Root has been actively acting since 1988, but he is more known for portraying Milton in the 1999 film Office Space. Other films he has appeared are No Country for Old Men, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (with Chris Williams), and Idiocracy.
Root is also known for providing the voice of Bill Dauterive in King of the Hill from 1997 to 2010. During that time, Glenn Morshower also appeared in several episodes with him. Root also had recent recurring roles on the shows True Blood (with John Billingsley), Justified (with Ron Yuan), and Turn (with Michael Gaston).
24 credits Edit
Selected filmography Edit
- The Lone Ranger (2013)
- The Men Who Stare at Goats (2009)
- No Country for Old Men (2007)
- The Fox and the Hound 2 (2006)
- Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006)
- Finding Nemo (2003)
- Ice Age (2002)
- Office Space (1999)
- Robocop 3 (1993)
- Ghost (1990)
- Black Rain (1989)
- Justified (2010-2014)
- 24 (2010)
- King of the Hill (1997-2009)
- American Dad! (2005-2007)
- The West Wing (2005-2006)
- NewsRadio (1995-1999)
- L.A. Law (1990-1994)