Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
How can a -stan country be part of the Middle East? None of the -stan countries in real life are part of the ME. They're all part of Central Asia except Pakistan, which is in South Asia.
- Okay, here we go...
- First things first, 24 doesn't take place in real life, so any of the "rules" you think might apply to the location of countries doesn't necessarily apply to the countries in the show.
- Second, the suffix "stan" means simply "place of..." so its usage in the name of a country has no bearing on where it is located. Moreover, it is a Persian term and Persia/Iran is a country traditionally in what is referred to as the "Middle East".
- Third, "Middle East" is a non-specific term used to refer to a non-specific region. Numerous scholars differ and argue on what countries are part of the Middle East, and some contexts of the term include countries of Central Asia like Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, etc.
- Fourth, the term refers more to a cultural link between the countries, rather than a geographical location.
- Fifth, we have no reference as to where the IRK is located, other than the "Middle East" which, like I said, is not a specific term.
- Hope that clarifies it. Thief12 17:37, March 12, 2010 (UTC)
CapitalEditThis profile from Farhad Hassan lists the capital of the IRK, but I just can't decipher what it says. If anyone wants to take a shot at it, check it out. Thief12 19:01, April 11, 2010 (UTC)
- It's like D'Kar or something with an apostrophe in it. Nice catch man! I suspect eventually we'll decipher it, like when the DVDs come out. Btw don't forget the episode category. 19:17, April 11, 2010 (UTC)
- I really don't remember what episode that was on, but I'll see if I can find out. Thief12 19:21, April 11, 2010 (UTC)
- I think the capital's name is B'Dar. Mastererik95 21:59, April 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Sounds like something from Star Trek! Let's wait until we know for sure before creating an article for and linking this capital city. 05:12, April 12, 2010 (UTC)