Just stumbled upon this article and have to ask, is this picture valid within this wiki? Thief12 04:07, July 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Like many dozens of images found in actor articles, it is no longer valid, per the image policy change which made all pics not sourced from 24 invalid. (Except for the 1 single user image that eligible editors can upload of themselves for user namespace). However because there are so many of these, we have simply been letting them stick around as placeholders until an editor moseys along with an appropriate replacement. Very recently I've been proactively dumping a few handfuls of those invalid actor images, and replacing them with just the character main image, but it's a tedious thing and I'm doing it sporadically as time permits.
- SignorSimon and maybe a few other editors were actually doing the ideal solution, which is: finding good images of the actors from 24 Special features content and uploading those for the actor articles. This would be perfect if it were possible to do for 100% of performers, but alas only a minority of performers are seen in the special features.
- Overall, this situation will be resolved when all invalid cast images are deleted, and replaced either with new pics from OOU special features whenever possible, or recycled character images for remainder (majority) of the other instances. 05:19, July 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Just thought of this, Thief: since you've been going through and cleaning up actor articles, you are in a unique spot to pull down invalid cast shots and swap in recycled character images if you so desire. Just AFD the leftover images; if you're not sure something is from 24 check if there is an episode category, but pretty much all the invalid ones are obvious. Just an idea! 06:28, July 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, looks like you took it upon yourself ;-) I'm currently having a hectic schedule and very busy weeks, so most of my editing will be limited to weekends... but I'm willing to give you a hand with it. Thief12 01:29, July 15, 2011 (UTC)