Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Genesis of 24 Edit
The Genesis of 24 gives a behind the scenes view of how the show was originally created. Joel Surnow talks about how he and Robert Cochran met at an International House of Pancakes where they sorted out the idea of creating a real-time show. They talk about choosing an actor for the part, and how they looked at over 30 actors before finding Kiefer Sutherland.
Other interviewees include Peter Levy, Stephen Hopkins, Sean Callery, David Thompson (the editor who invented the boxes that show multiple scenes at the same time), and Kiefer Sutherland. The video is split into several sections:
- The Concept: The producers reveal the origins of the show.
- The Cast: Hopkins talks about choosing relatively unknown cast members that did not look like film stars to make the show seem more real.
- The Style: The splitscreen, real time and the editing process is covered.
- The Plot: How to keep a story going for 24 episodes that are all supposed to take place right after each other.
- The Series: How many plotlines were wrapped up by Episode 13, leading to a second attack on Palmer being created.
- The Tragedy: Surnow and Cochran talk about the shocking season finale, and how it was originally rejected by Fox, and Kiefer Sutherland.
- The Legacy: How the show has been a success to keep making more episodes.