The United States Navy was a branch of the United States armed forces responsible for sea-based warfare and operations.
President Charles Logan was scheduled to fly in Marine One to Washington, D.C., but the plans were changed and he was placed in a Navy helicopter with a reduced detachment of Secret Service security. It was hijacked by Jack Bauer who kidnapped him. Bauer forced the pilot to fly to a disused power plant where he interrogated Logan. The helicopter was tracked down by the homing signal it gave out.
During the raid on the Starkwood facility containing a biological WMD, two SH-60 Seahawk helicopters full of Navy SEALs assisted Special Agent Larry Moss and FBI SWAT in securing the WMD from the mercenaries led by Jonas Hodges. After Greg Seaton misled the FBI agent and his men, the force comprising of SEALs and FBI SWAT members were ambushed and surrounded.
- Rear Admiral Kirkland
- Petty Officer Third Class Tim Rooney
- Admiral John Smith
- Chief of Naval Operations
- Lieutenant Southern
- Petty Officer Third Class Avilla
- Ira Gaines - dishonorably discharged
- SEAL Team member
- Graduate, Basic Underwater Demolitions/SEAL (BUD/S)
- Jason Blaine
- SEAL Sniper
Background information and notes Edit
- The real-life US Navy allowed filming aboard a nuclear submarine homeported at Point Loma Naval Base, California for two days, during the production of Season 5.
- A group of Navy SEALs from San Diego volunteered to act as extras during the compound-raid scene in Season 7, and were accompanied by two SH-60 Seahawk helicopters and their flight crews from Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 21.