|United States of America|
|Flag of the United States|
|Location:||Central North America|
|Head of state:||President of the United States|
|Military:||United States armed forces|
|Intelligence service:||Central Intelligence Agency|
National Security Agency
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Defense Intelligence Agency
Counter Terrorist Unit
|Currency:||United States dollar|
|Major cities:||Los Angeles|
New York City
|Season(s):||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|First episode:||"Day 1: 12:00am-1:00am"|
|Last episode:||"Episode 12"|
The continental United States
The United States of America, also referred to as the United States, the U.S., the U.S.A. and America, was a federal republic in North America. It shared land borders with Mexico and Canada. Its capital city was Washington. The United States Congress, its primary lawmaking body, was based there, as was the President.
The country had been the target of many terrorists and, although most terrorist attempts had been stopped, there had been several successful attacks such as nuclear weapon detonations, an attack by Osama bin Laden that killed "thousands," the Cordilla virus release, the meltdown of a nuclear power station, the destruction of Air Force One, the assassination of former President David Palmer, as well as an armed assault on the White House by Sangalan terrorists.
All these events led to tough security measures across the country and the creation of several organizations such as the Counter Terrorist Unit.
Background information and notes Edit
- With the exception of interludes in Malaysia, South Korea, Mexico, Sangala, the Islamic Republic of Kamistan, and other Middle Eastern countries, every episode of 24 until 24: Live Another Day was set in the United States. States seen on 24 include:
- California, the primary setting of Seasons 1 through Season 6;
- Iowa, featured in three episodes of Season 4 (for the Sabir Ardakani/Robert Morrison story arc);
- Louisiana, seen in two episodes of Season 1 (for the Robert Ellis story arc);
- Oregon, a major location for fifteen episodes of Season 2 (featuring the Northwest Regional Operations Complex and several other spots);
- Ohio, seen in one episode of Season 7 (for the Boyd Chemical Plant story arc);
- Virginia, featured in seven episodes of Season 7 (the location of Starkwood headquarters);
- Langley, Virginia was shown in 24: Live Another Day.
- New York, the primary setting for Season 8.
- The federal district Washington, D.C., the nation's capital, is featured prominently in Seasons 2, 4, 6, Redemption, and is the primary setting of Season 7.
- Many different states appear in the 24 novels and comics, including New Mexico, Louisiana, and Colorado.
See also Edit