|Blue Rook's Dead-On Award!|
What it is
- The Dead-On Award is my personal take on Wikipedia's "barnstar" (a small token which one user may give to another in appreciation for particularly good contributions). This award is a "thank you" to fairly established users who make edits that stand out to me personally.
What it is not
- This note of appreciation implies nothing more than my gratitude to the recipient for his or her hard work. The award itself, and my act of giving it, are not official statements of any kind. In a genuine effort to be unbiased, I give it without regard to any outside practices of the recipient which I may find personally disagreeable, and the only criteria I use are the quality and consistency of the contributions.
- It came to me that great contributors should continue to be eligible for this little token after the first award, but that it would be lame if the subsequent awards were all the same. So I did what any respectable person would do in this situation: I resorted to a palette swap! Color makes all the difference, as you surely know from your first exposure to Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Reptile.
- I also determined that this process might as well serve as the user-evaluation system by which I make certain important votes of confidence. So, as far as I'm concerned, a person who is determined and dedicated enough to this wiki to earn this barnstar three times has merited my nomination for their appointment to the adminship.
|The 2nd Dead-On degree|
|The 1st Dead-On degree|
|The 3rd: Admin nomination|
- I hope other users are inspired by this kind of gesture, and make similar gestures to fellow users here on the wiki. As you probably know, hearing honest words of appreciation is something no normal person gets tired of, and as such, it's a great way to build a community.
Miscellany & sysops
- Because they are numbered, I can't possibly hand out awards to everyone who makes great edits all the time, so if you don't get one, please do not take it personally. Admins are not eligible to receive the award for fairly obvious reasons; instead, however, I give out a similar token, the Owned! Award, for my fellow sysops. Those awards are not numbered since admins do a great job at being awesome by default. ;)
|The Owned! Award (II)|
|The Owned! Award (I)|
- A number of editors would have earned the Dead-on award had I been around to give it to them. Below is an incomplete list of contributors whose work, though mostly before my time, has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated by the community. If they become active again, I'll be elated of course to move them up to the actual list of award recipients!
Blue Rook's userspace index Edit
- User:Blue Rook - central user page & home of my "Villains @ Large" article
- User talk:Blue Rook - contact me here
- / Barnstar - home of the Dead-On and Owned! Awards
- / Contributions - a shamelessly arrogant showcase of my work, and a few humorously-captioned pictures
- / Forbidden characters p1 & p2 - characters forbidden from having encyclopedia entries at the wiki (!)
- / Gredenko ultranationalists - working list of all of Gredenko's goons
- / Help me ID this man - a mystery recurring background actor... finally solved!
- / ImageContribs & older images- two galleries that serve as a careful account of all my uploaded images
- / Season 7 villain checklist - just a random checklist for the Season 7 villains
- / Season 7 opinions - my critiques, positive and negative, posted during the airing of Season 7
- / Shrine - home of my shrine to the Bluetooth Cabal of Day 5
- / GhostGallery - a hand-selected list of currently-unused images for which you're welcome to find a spot