Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I am a third year Geography student studying at Royal Holloway, University of London and am currently undertaking my dissertation which is focussed on 24 and how the show relates to the War on Terror. I am trying to gather fans opinions on my topic to put into my dissertation and would be very grateful if anyone could answer the following questions:
1) What seasons of 24 do you think link to the current War on Terror?
2 )Do you think 24 depicts aspects of 'real life'?
3) How do you think 24 aids viewers in understanding the current issues we are facing in society today?
4) 24 aired shortly after 9/11. Did this shock the American audience or did it help the audience in being able to view a fictional show that has similarities to the real world?
5) What do you think of the constant depiction of torture that is present on the show?
6) Do you think the torture scenes that are shown on screen somewhat mirror the moral choices people are having to make during our current war? E.g Guantanamo Bay and other 'black site' facilities.
7) Can the torture be justified and how do you think Jack deals inflicting such torture on suspects?
8) How would you describe the character of Jack Bauer?
9) In almost every episode Jack has to make some tough moral decisions. What decision do you think has been the hardest for him and why?
10) Jack has been hailed as a hero by some and a villain by others. What are your views?
11) What do you consider to be unrealistic elements of 24?
Many Thanks for helping me out!